Over the last few weeks I’ve seen a lot of people talk about what they think the reason for Trump winning the election is. Some of them more interesting than others. But I haven’t really read anything from anyone taking responsibility for the rise of Trump. (Apart from some fake news artists trying to boast).
Everyone’s too busy to find someone or something to blame. No one is looking inward in what they could of done to change the outcome of the US election.
With that in mind here’s what I could of done differently:
- I didn’t make calls to get out the vote
- I didn’t make calls to persuade people to vote for Hilary
- I only posted a few posts on social media about the election
- I didn’t reach out personally to friends I have in the United States to talk about why I supported Hillary
- I took for granted the election results because of polling
Hopefully some introspection will help me better influence the outcomes in the future.